Let’s take a look at the 70 pint portable dehumidifier with pump – a size that works great in basements, crawl spaces or room sizes up to 4500 sq. feet. Basements are usually the most humid part of the house.
When temperature and humidity is high, indoor comfort levels are low. In such situations, you can use a dehumidifier to manage indoor humidity.
Lowering high humidity level is not only for your personal comfort but also for health reasons too.
Mildew, mold spores, dust mites etc thrive in humid environment. These can trigger your allergic reactions causing expensive doctor visits.
When it gets too humid, paintwork can start to peel, unsightly wet spots start to appear on your walls and wooden infrastructures can be affected. These might need costly repairs.
How does the dehumidifier works?
- 1 How does the dehumidifier works?
- 1.1 Why do you need a dehumidifier?
- 1.2 What size dehumidifier to buy?
- 1.3 70-Pint Portable Dehumidifiers with Pump – When you need to pump water vertically
It makes use of a fan to suck in air then passes the air over two sets of refrigerant-filled coils, one cool and one warm. During this process, moisture is sucked out into a water tank located in the bottom part of the dehumidifier housing.
When the tank is full, the dehumidifier will stop working.
A dehumidifier with a vertical condensate pump or a continuous gravity drain hose is a good option if you are not able to check on the water tank regularly.
With a dehumidifier with pump or gravity drain hose, the water will drain out continuously and the machine will continue working even when the water tank is full. This way, you don’t always have to keep an eye on the water tank or bucket.
Why do you need a dehumidifier?
When your living space has humidity level above 50%, this encourages the growth of dust mites, mildew and mold.
Besides, the damp atmosphere becomes uncomfortable and you feel sticky. A good example would be the damp musty odor in your basement.
Being allergic to mold is no fun indeed. You have a stuffy nose and itchy eyes. Molds can grow the whole year round in damp spots indoors.
One of the ways to prevent mold from growing inside your home would be to reduce the humidity level to a level between 30-50%. That’s where the dehumidifier comes in. It helps you to control the correct moisture level for a more comfortable and healthier living environment.
The dehumidifier is able to control the moisture level in an efficient and effective way. It will automatically set the optimal humidity level for your space.
What size dehumidifier to buy?
You buy a dehumidifier based on how many pints of water it can remove in a time span of 24 hours. You also buy it depending on your room size and humidity level.
Related post : Air purifiers for allergy sufferers
70-Pint Portable Dehumidifiers with Pump – When you need to pump water vertically
Danby DDR070BDPWDB Dehumidifier with Pump and washable air filter
The energy star Danby DDR070BDPWDB Dehumidifier with Pump comes with SmartDehumidifying feature. It is able to check on the ambient temperature and humidity in your room.
Based on this information, it then sets the most optimal humidity level and adjusts the fan speed accordingly to maintain this optimal level.
Another great feature is the choice of manual or continuous operation. Use the continuous mode when you need to decrease humidity level quickly.
Otherwise, you can choose the manual mode for a more customize operation. Whichever mode you use, the fan shuts off with the compressor.
There are 3 ways for you drain water with this Danby dehumidifier with pump
- The internal condensate pump with a vertical lift of 16′ is great when you need to drain water against gravity flow. The pump drain hose is included with the package. Attach the included hose and press the pump button on the control panel.
- Make use of the continuous gravity drainage feature if you’re able to release the water out into a drain etc. You’ll need your own hose (buy separately) to attach it to the drain adapter and drain port. Gravity will force the water out.
- The dehumidifier comes with a slide-out water bucket. You’ll need to empty it manually when full. An audible alert and an indicator light will alert you when bucket is full
Santa Fe Compact 2 Dehumidifier (Model #4033600) Made in USA
This energy star Santa Fe compact 2 dehumidifier can fit in tight spaces, low ceiling crawl spaces or a small basement with limited space.
It measures 12″ W x 12″ H x 21″ L and weighs 55 pounds.
This 70 pint dehumidifier is truly flexible. You can have vertical or horizontal discharge. You can also hang it between floor joists or put it on the floor. For suspending it in between floor joists, you’ll need to buy it together with the Crawl Space starter kit.
For air filtering, it comes with the pleated MERV-8 Filter and a foam pre filter for 2 stage filtering.
It comes with a sealed refrigerant system.
You can choose the option of running the fan (1 speed) continuously or only when dehumidifying.
Power cord is 9′ and direct gravity drain hose is 8′.
Optional accessories for Sante Fe compact 2 dehumidifier
- 15′ vertical lift condensate pump is an optional item (buy separately). You’ll need this if water has to be drained out against the flow of gravity or over a longer distance. Kit includes a 20′ drain hose
- You can also buy the optional ducting kit if needed.
- Optional crawl space kit (exclusive to Sylvane customers) includes a hang kit, remote thermometer and humidity sensor and replacement Merv 8 filter set
- Optional casters sold separately
Check out the 70 pint portable dehumidifier with pump if you have humidity issues in your basement, crawl spaces or rooms.